It’s time for our annual fundraiser!! With significant budget impact due to COVID-19, this year’s fundraising is more critical than ever. For nearly 50 years, LMSS has provided outstanding training, and an engaging camp experience for sailors on Lighthouse Island. We’ve hosted students of all ages and abilities – from beginners to competitive sailors, training them to achieve their goals as individuals and teammates, all while emphasizing safety and skill development for a lifetime of sailing. LMSS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
As we are unable to provide an in-person event, we’ve come up with creative ways to support our organization virtually, “popping-up” now through Saturday, August 8:
- Buy a Raffle Ticket for prizes ranging from restaurant gift certificates, stock the cellar items, or win half the jackpot! Drawings on Saturday, August 8 [purchase now]
- Bid Online in the Auction August 1-8 for exciting items like sailing gear, jewelry, and personal services and treatments [preview items]
- Suds for Sailors Boat Wash – secure a spot to have your boat cleaned by LMSS sailors at Minnetonka Yacht Club 11AM-1PM, Saturday, August 8 [secure a spot via ticket]
- Join Us! We’ll be live on Facebook Saturday, August 8
- Sponsor a Sailor – support a student who has set a goal to fundraise direct from friends and family [find a student]
Thank you! Your contributions this year will ensure our sailing community can sustain and thrive in these ever-changing circumstances, now and for years to come.