Little Skippers is designed to support young sailors ages 5-6 in becoming comfortable with rigging and sailing basics while gaining confidence on the water and developing relationships with other young sailors of similar skill and experience level. Classes are short in length and offer a great starting point for LMSS Sailing programs.
- Taught in 23′ Sonar Keelboats
- Sonar keelboats allow 6 – 8 young sailors to participate together with an instructor on board
- Curriculum includes understanding points of sail, upwind and downwind sailing, and boat parts
- Summer sessions will take place in the morning from 9:30am – 11:30am
- Summer session class size is limited to 18 sailors per session
- Spring/Fall sessions will take place from 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Spring/Fall session class size is limited to 14 sailors per session