- Life Jacket: A Type III (USCG Approved) PDF is mandatory. All students are required to wear their life jacket at all times when in and around the water. Please make sure your life jacket is the proper fit. PFDs can be found at your local West Marine or REI.
- Water-Compatible Footwear: Tie-on, velcro-fastened sandals, aqua socks, secure footwear, or sailing boots are acceptable. Flip-flops are NOT acceptable.
Keep in mind that conditions out on the lake may be cooler or warmer than the temperature outside your front door. Also note that all items brought to LMSS may get wet!
- Lunch (Recreational Camp Age 7 – 12) and a snack*
- Hat and sunglasses
- Reusable water bottle**
- Change of clothes
- Warm layers for cloudy or windy days
- Preferable quick dry fabrics
* Reusable containers are encouraged to reduce the number of snack wrappers, plastic bags, straws, and one-time water bottle usage on the island. Sailors will be asked to contain their trash and remove from the island to limit cross contamination.
**Purified drinking water is provided