As we await governance on the upcoming summer sailing season, we want to keep you informed of any updates regarding our programs and how we plan to adapt operations at LMSS this summer. LMSS has redesigned all of our activities with a focus on structured social distancing, hygiene and sanitization, and personal protection. As always, the safety of our sailors, staff and community remains our top priority. In addition, we have partnered with the Minnetonka Yacht Club (MYC) to limit the number of people on Lighthouse Island.
We’ve drafted an LMSS Updated Safety Policy, based on recommendations from local and national government authorities, and our peer associations and partners. This summer, our sailing community will be seeing changes including:
- Six-foot radius delineation created for shuttle docks, pontoon shuttles and all on-island activities including chalk talk instruction
- Minimized touch points on all LMSS facilities including dock areas, transportation, equipment and surfaces
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing stations added at shuttle pick-up and drop-off points as well as throughout the island
- Buff or similar facial protection required for indoor common spaces and anytime a sailor is within a six-foot radius of another person
- Further advanced notice of class cancellation due to impending inclement weather
- Advanced training for all LMSS staff on CDC and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines as well as LMSS COVID-safe coaching requirements
With all the above mitigations in place, each sailor, parent and instructor play a critical role. Please review our LMSS Updated Safety Policy, which will continuously be reinforced and shared with participants for adherence prior to the start of each session.
Registration is still open! Thanks to all who have committed to keeping your registration intact at this time. We have not yet canceled or modified any sessions at this time, and will alert you if and when that happens in the weeks prior to affected dates (see our updated refund policy). To review options and register, please visit our home page.
We hope to see you soon!