Last week, Governor Tim Walz announced Minnesota schools would not return to in-person learning for the remainder of the school year. Despite this news, we continue to be hopeful as we await governance on the upcoming summer sailing season.
There is no doubt all camps will be affected by the Coronavirus in some form — rest assured the safety of our sailors, staff and community has always been our top priority. We remain committed to ensuring a safe environment that enables all sailors to continue to grow their knowledge and love of sailing and the outdoors.
In the meantime, we want to share the following updates:
- The LMSS Board of Directors has been busy helping us navigate the impact of state and local governance on COVID-19, and its potential impact to our offerings, operations and logistics, and financial health, to name a few. For this support, we are truly grateful.
- Our staff continues to review and develop overall safety measures, including modifications to instructor and camper training, accountability and compliance.
- Every LMSS facility and asset is under scrutiny with regard to sanitization and hygiene, personal protection and and social distancing potential.
- LMSS Coaches continue to provide weekly virtual training for 30+ middle and high school aged sailors
- In March, we chose to support ICA Food Shelf in Minnetonka, and continue to request your financial donations in order to supply food and essential items for our neighbors in need. Please consider a donation of any amount and donate today.
Registration is still open! Thank all who have committed to keeping your registration intact at this time. We have not yet canceled or modified any sessions and will alert you if, and when that happens, in the weeks prior to affected dates (see our updated refund policy). To review options and register, please visit our home page.
We hope to see you soon!