LMSS has a long history of providing top end racing instruction and performance for our sailors who are looking to achieve their goals and compete on a regional and National level. Either by gaining experience through the Camps and Learn to Race programs, or with previous racing experience, our coaching staff is dedicated to helping the sailors achieve their goals.
The goal of the LMSS Race Teams is to provide a much more comprehensive practice and racing schedule to ensure our sailors are getting the most of their time on the water, while providing dedicated coaching and an environment where individual goals can be met.
- Half day schedule (3.5 hrs) to provide efficient training sessions while avoiding burn-out
- A good mix of practice days at LMSS, and regatta days to ensure maximum learning and improvement
- A dedicated coach for both the Intermediate and Advanced Teams
- Comprehensive Regatta schedule for the the Race Teams. Traveling to events is the big part of the racing experience and will allow LMSS sailors to improve their skills in a racing environment
- The goal of developing the LMSS Race Teams is to foster a TEAM atmosphere. The sailors are expected to help each other on and off the water as this is an important step in fostering improvement